Our branded school uniforms are provided by The Uniform Shop, based in Wynsors World of Shoes, Earle Street, Crewe CW1 2AH.
You can also order online at http://schoolshopdirect.co.uk/product-category/schools/schools-hungerford-primary-school/
The school feels it is important to have a school uniform policy for the following reasons:
- A sense of collective pride
- A public way of representing the school in a positive light
- Removing social pressure about appearance
- Ensuring safety (PE)
- Preparations for expectations in the wider world
- A benchmark for clarity for the school community
- To minimise the cost of the child’s clothing throughout the year
Hungerford Primary Academy Uniform consists of the following:
- Black smart shoes
- No trainers
- If sandals are worn in summer, they should be sturdy enough for outdoor play, e.g. no crocks, no flip-flops, etc.
- Navy sweatshirt and/or cardigan with the school logo are available in the on-line uniform shop. However, plain navy sweatshirts, sweaters and cardigans can be purchased separately.
- Sky blue polo shirts with the school logo are available in the on-line uniform shop. However, plain sky blue or white polo shirts can be purchased separately.
- Dark grey trousers or skirts/pinafores. Pinafores are available in the on-line uniform shop.
- For the summer, navy checked dresses are available in the on-line uniform shop. However, navy or sky blue checked dresses can be purchased separately.
- PE Kits are available in the on-line uniform shop and consist of: Sky blue t-shirt with school logo, navy blue striped shorts and navy drawstring pump bag with school logo. However, plain sky blue or white t-shirts and navy or black shorts can be purchased separately.
- Pumps are required for indoor PE and trainers may be worn for outdoor PE.
- PE kits must be brought to school in a drawstring pump bag (not a backpack), on a Monday and returned home on a Friday.
- The school does not permit children to have patterns, extensions or colouring in
- Hair which is longer than shoulder length, for either boys or girls, is advised
to be tied back.
- Hair accessories such as hair slides or headbands must be small and need to be black or the school colours.
- No jewellery is to be worn to school. This includes friendship bracelets and charity bands.
- If earrings must be worn due to recent piercing, only small studs are permitted, which must be taped for PE.
- Long hair must be tied back and worn neatly.
Please be advised that no hoodies or externally branded sweatshirts are to be worn in school.
All uniform items and bags must be labelled and named.
Non-adherence to the school uniform policy
We understand that everyone has occasional laundry disasters. On these occasions, please write a note to the class teacher to explain why the pupil is not in the required uniform. We also understand that shoes are occasionally damaged before a new pair can be purchased. We do ask, however, that the class teacher is notified and that the child returns to wearing the correct school uniform as soon as possible. If the child arrives to school not wearing the required uniform without a note of explanation to the teacher, then:
- In the first instance, the child will be reminded about what constitutes the correct uniform and asked to wear it the next day.
- On the second occurrence, the class teacher will contact the parent to ask for their cooperation in adhering to the school uniform policy.
- On the third occurrence, a meeting between the parents and the Headteacher will be requested.
Children are ultimately responsible for their uniform, and if lost, the school will make every effort to help the child find these items. However, please be aware that we cannot accept responsibility for the replacement of lost items, especially if they are not named/labelled.
If you are having trouble sourcing or affording the required school uniform for your child, please contact the school and we have a bank of good quality, nearly new uniform available to families.