Vision, Values and Ethos
- To provide an education which places importance on the development of the whole child, academically, intellectually, physically, emotionally and socially.
- To provide an environment where each child is encouraged to develop to the full extent of his/her ability; where each person is valued and is made aware that they have the potential to make a positive contribution to the school. To help the child build a good self-image.
- To provide a broad-based, stimulating and connected curriculum, including delivery of the statutory National Curriculum:
- To develop skills of communication, language, literacy and numeracy.
- To develop ability to observe, question, hypothesise & solve problems.
- To develop skills of oracy communication and confidence.
- To develop an appreciation of others, the natural world and themselves through learning outdoors. Giving children first-hand experiences, risk management opportunities and hands on learning.
- To encourage the partnership between home and school. To encourage parents to take an active part in their child’s education.
- To provide equal opportunities in work and play, and treat all individuals fairly.
- To value and celebrate the diversity of our society and to promote respect and tolerance.
- To promote and develop aesthetic, cultural and creative understanding,
- To develop concepts of beauty in the natural and man-made world,
- To introduce children into the world of artists, writers and musicians,
- To develop a sense of heritage and appreciation for the locality, community and world
- To develop a sense of spiritual awareness.
- To use technology where appropriate to enhance the children’s learning.
- To develop links with the community and promote community cohesion, to invite people from the community into the school, to make visits to the community from the school.
- To appreciate each other!
We seek to uphold this ethos and these values by the way we act every day.
In September 2018 we joined the St.Barts Academy Trust of schools and we strive to release the potential of all of our pupils.